Monday, May 18, 2009

Coming 'round Again - May 18, 2009

Good Monday morning! I feel as though I have been out of touch with things for too long. The morning routine upset by a mere hard drive failure on one PC. Hmmm, could be that I need to be less dependent on the one machine. :-) I think the main thing is the comfort of the chair and ergonomic keyboard in my home office. Finding all of my old Internet bookmarks... now that will be the interesting thing. :-) The better news is that my PC now runs much better with years of clutter lost in the transition to the new drive.

Sometimes our lives could use a cleaning. We can't order a new brain or memory and do a swap, but we can do some things to help "clean out" our lives and memories. I'm not talking about some new gene therapy or a drug, but a cleansing by the Holy Spirit. As usual, we want to do something for the Lord, and we must take a back seat and let Him do the driving. You and I cannot go through our minds and review the files. Eww, delete that; that was a fun memory, keep that; that next one is too painful, but the lesson was good, keep that in protected memory, etc. No, we don't have that ability. The painful memories will stay and come to mind at times, often when we don't want them to. While we are called to stand firmly on the fundamentals of our faith, we are not told to go back to the start. Think about it; God put a lot of effort into getting you and I to this place where we are now. He is not likely to encourage our growth by yanking us out by the roots and starting over. Though the view may seem frightening right now, trust in God to bring you to the place where He wants you to arrive.

Deja vu! I feel like I have written something very like this before. I won't worry about it too much though. I realize that God must repeat things to me fairly often in order to get the point written on my heart. My Christian faith seems to be a journey of a few steps forward and then a step or two back. I also realize that the step or two back is usually my own fault. Learning to trust takes time and effort. Praise God for his patience with me.

Have a great day in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: