Monday, October 02, 2006

October 2, 2006

Good Morning! Today is a new beginning to the work week, make the most of it! I watched more of the health and prosperity ministry yesterday and it does strike me as dangerous. What happens if a non-believer sees only this one show; the one chance to get a message to them. What they see is God will make you rich. Prosperity may come to a Christian as the world defines the term, but what we are promised is peace. Jesus says in John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
That much we are promised by our Lord. So whether we have much or we have little, we always have the Lord’s peace. Some believers may be wealthy and some may not. Some may constantly battle disease and illness, while others enjoy consistent good health. I realize that the Lord wants us to have every good thing, but wealth may not be a good thing in all cases. I agree on one hand about banishing the negative thinking, part of following Jesus, and keeping our minds centered upon Him. I worry that a message of prosperity is too subjective to the world; that is the world will make the leap that prosperity equals rich, that God will shower us with money for believing in His Son. Part of the problem is in that I agree that God wants us to be prosperous, but that might mean that we are content and do quite well on a little, much like Paul. I suppose that in the end, I want my riches to be in Heaven.

May God be with you this week.

Bucky

No comments: