Thursday, October 12, 2006

October 12, 2006

Good Morning! Once in a while I am reminded of how much I do not know. Yesterday proved that point once again; I planned to complete some work during the night at one of our sites. However, I could not know that one; a sinus headache such as I had not felt in years lay waiting for me later that day, 2) the manager of the site had not been informed in a timely manner, and perhaps most of all 3) much of the work could be done in normal business hours and I was trying to play the late-night hero. I am still out of it today, but the time spent prostrate has given me the chance to form a new plan; this time prefaced with a “God willing” which is what our Lord told us to do when making plans. So far I have seen little evidence that God has called me to be the type of prophet who foretells events; in any case it is unlikely that such knowledge would be of benefit to me personally since those promises are already written down in the Bible. The point is that we should ask God first when making plans; even at our work place. We simply cannot know what may lie around the next corner in our lives. What do I believe? I believe in the Lord, Jesus Christ. That he came to this earth in human form under a heavenly sign that even pagans could see. That the words which he spoke were unlike any heard before and that those same words resonate with us to this day. I believe that Jesus took our sins to the cross, where he died in fulfillment of what God the Father asked of him and that on the third day he rose again. I believe that even now Jesus is returning soon to redeem the lost from the earth and that we should strive to always be ready for him.
God’s grace be with you,
Bucky

No comments: