Monday, July 29, 2024

Greater Than I

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. John 14:28

While it might be fashionable in politics to call oneself humble, I don't think anyone has been taken in by that sort of claim. In contrast, Jesus, who had said earlier in this chapter of John that His Father does the works, tells His disciples that the Father is greater than Him. So, besides the works, how was Jesus less than God the Father? Was Jesus a man who had to walk from place to place, while God was everywhere at all times? The works show that Jesus was not the Almighty, as God is. Whereas God remains undying, does lesser mean that Jesus will suffer death? Perhaps even on a cross at the hands of the Romans? Well, yes, but no one forced it on Him. It was done in the greatest of love!

So, He has gone to the Father, and that's where we want to go, and He is the way. That's great!

Bucky

No comments: