Thursday, July 11, 2024

A Criticizing Pot

But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” Romans 9:20

So, after four consecutive months with internet service outages, this last one going six days and counting as of yesterday, I have returned with a new ISP. You will have noticed by now that I tend to resist change, especially if it involves making a phone call, but even I can be changed by an unpleasant circumstance repeated too often. It would be easy for me to criticize me, or the One who formed me. Everyone who has ever believed in God has probably pointed to some shortcoming or disability they consider 'wrong' with themselves and asked for an explanation from Him. Has God ever answered these complaints? Well, yes, but not always. The writer of our verse for today did receive an answer, and it has become famous among believers in God's Son.

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

So, I have some shortcomings, Praise God!

Bucky

...and I'm glad to be back writing to you!

No comments: