Friday, July 19, 2024

Getting Anywhere With This?

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.  John 14:12

Reading the works of Jesus in the gospels, and then looking at this verse today, I don't see this happening right now. But, in which direction am I looking when I say that? Do I see my abilities reduced by age and injury as the driving force? If so, then I will never be the fulfillment of these greater works. However, the verse begins with our Lord's assurance and ends with His action. My ability has nothing to do with it. Even the next verses only bring action to my part in the asking, which is something any of us can do and do quite often. So, if I am trying to do greater works in my strength, then the explanation for the apparent lack of progress would seem rather obvious. And it does not matter whether that strength is physical, mental, or spiritual. The greater works are not coming by my strength. That's a relief! The fuel tank of my strength seems to have a slow leak in it. 

Praise the Lord for His strength!

Bucky

No comments: