Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Not Even The Next Hours

Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. Mark 13:33

The fallibility of myself and others has been given to my attention in these later days. A warm weekend brought out some bugs, and they have suffered because of it this cold week. The assembly of a book shelf came to a halt last night when I found the factory had shorted me by one screw. During the assembly project, I played a list of top tracks on a streaming service from a band popular back in the 80's. Suddenly, after 15 heavy metal tracks came the sound of a Disney princess and a bunch of Chipmunks singing about Christmas. Then we went back to the metal for track 17! And I wrote to you on Monday about not writing about cold and death, not knowing that merely two hours later we would learn of the passing of our friend. Plus the cold came on Monday whether we wanted it or not. As a foretelling prophet, I can't even tell you the next hours, much less years and centuries in the future as God did through His prophets. Truly as our Lord Jesus said in our verse for today, "Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is."

I cannot promise you a wonderful day, but if you will turn to the Lord Jesus, then you will enjoy time with our wonderful Savior!

Bucky

No comments: