Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Prayer Bystander

​I am one mocked by his friends,
​​Who called on God, and He answered him,
​​The just and blameless who is ridiculed.
       -- Job 12:4

Some things are not shared with me, and my prayers are therefore somewhat vague as I trust in God to know what the issues are in that relationship. As a prayer bystander I have no information to act upon, and yet I am mocked by many for not doing something to solve the problem. Other times I may know more about the problem, but be distant and unable to physically solve anything. Once again, I am a prayer bystander and mocked by some. There are the problems of a financial nature that are too big for me alone, and so I enter into prayer with the Lord as a bystander. Our government has become so large as to be a force for change or to prevent change in the world, and my vote seems so miniscule in the election, but my prayer is heard by God.

Yes, those who would look down on the prayer bystander do not know or believe in the One to whom I pray. For those of us who believe in our Lord, prayer is the action we love to perform and prayer is action. For those who refuse to believe, prayer is easy to mock. I believe in Jesus the Christ and in the power of God in response to prayer. I am that weak prayer bystander, but the Lord is the Almighty who hears my prayer!

Bucky

No comments: