Thursday, December 09, 2021

Swiftly Winning The Race

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

We have to win a race to get the prize? Well that leaves me out. I guess opposite week continues as I have never been complimented on my racing speed on foot. When it came time to think about career choices, NFL wide receiver was not on my list. In fact, I think the guidance counselor crossed out anything involving running before she gave me the form. This verse always reminds me that our Lord Jesus does not choose in the way that we picked teams back in the day. Those who believe in Jesus may or may not include the swiftest of feet, strongest of body, fattest of wealth, or prettiest of face. On our Lord's team we may find those of us who are a little below average in some respects. In this race we are also making sure that our brothers and sisters in Christ are finishing too. We invite others to join the race and are not worried over whether they are fast or slow. It is the Lord's race to win and we believe in Him!

Have a good race in the Lord!

Bucky

No comments: