Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Curdled Like Cheese?

Your hands have made me and fashioned me,
An intricate unity;
Yet You would destroy me.
Remember, I pray, that You have made me like clay.
And will You turn me into dust again?
Did You not pour me out like milk,
And curdle me like cheese...  Job 10:8-10

Clay and dust we understand by the scriptures, and milk is how we start out in life, but cheese? Did Job feel well-aged by this point in his misery? We have an abiding respect for Job as he was righteous according to God and yet suffered terrible losses and pain for a time. Job brought all of his misery to the Lord in prayer and wondered, as we often do, "Why me?" On the other hand, Job also had such confidence in his life that he invited the Lord to prove any crime or sin of Job's before a court of law. 

We already know in our case who would be on the losing side of that trial. Paul made it clear in his letters that none of us are guiltless before the law and all have sinned. It is our transgression of the Law that brings us to Jesus for salvation. 

Praise the Lord, our Redeemer!

Bucky

No comments: