Thursday, September 16, 2021

Admitting To Failure

​“Come now, and let us reason together,”
​​Says the LORD,
​​“Though your sins are like scarlet,
​​They shall be as white as snow;
​​Though they are red like crimson,
​​They shall be as wool.  Isaiah 1:18

It's Thursday morning, and you didn't see a message from me yesterday. It was not a memory lapse or even a technical issue; it was a failure on my part. It was not that I didn't work at the message with a Bible passage or verse, edit the prose by eliminating what was not needed, or come to a final conclusion. The conclusion did not logically flow from the earlier arguments. As an example, the first two paragraphs might be about how to prepare breakfast at home, and then I conclude with a nice point about how great supper is at a restaurant. You may see a bit of confusion on the part of the reader when such a thing hits the digital presses. Running out of time, I did the necessary tasks to get ready for work, and then still had no inspiration how to save the mess I had made of yesterday's devotional message. Why should I even worry over such a thing? The first part of the verse for today is my reason.

When God invites each of us to come together and reason with Him, it first shows to me that God is certainly not afraid of human reasoning. Secondly, it tells me that God gave to us reasoning minds and that He wants us to use them. And then the verse goes on to show us that God will save those who will come and reason with Him whether our reasoning comes to a correct conclusion or throws a curveball that ends up in the stands. And, heyo, when my 2+2 reasoning throws up a 12 one morning, it's okay to keep quiet too and try again another day.

God has sent His Son to save all those who believe in Him, and no fumble of mine will stop the grand slam from falling into the basket! Amen!

Bucky

No comments: