Thursday, April 01, 2021

Let's Join The Fight!

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”  John 18:36

Whoops, too late for this fight. Our Lord was delivered to the Jews and from them to the Romans, and then Pilate tried to give Him back to the Jews, and... all of this took place long before you were born. However, according to our Lord Jesus, none of you would have fought for Him at that time. Peter was there but would not even admit to knowing the Lord. John was there but wasn't asked if he knew the Lord, and didn't speak up for Him either. I'll admit that I'm as afraid of little servant girls as any fisherman from Galilee. So, if none of us would have fought right then for our Lord Jesus, how could any of you? 

Ha, ha, April Fools! I wasn't alive at that time either. There, now you have my weak little joke for today. 

However, it was not so much whether we were there or not at that time, but that the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ had not yet come. The time of that coming is mentioned in the Revelation, the revelation John was shown by our Lord Jesus a few decades down the road of time from this moment of scripture. In that great moment to come, at the sounding of the seventh trumpet, the kingdoms of this world will see a takeover as the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever.

Hallelujah! Amen!

Bucky

No comments: