Friday, April 16, 2021

So Weak We Need Him

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Reading a passage of scripture that points out the need to always be ready for when the Lord comes, I fell asleep in front of my open Bible. There it is, the story of God's believing children. We want to be ready, in the saddle, with our boots on, when the Lord comes, but we are so weak we need Him just to stay awake for a bit. Kind of reminds one of the time a few disciples could not stay awake while our Lord prayed. Weakness, we have multi-ton bales of the stuff to offer up to our Lord. Maybe that is the one qualification we all have together to be chosen as the Lord's own flock, an abounding weakness that overthrows all of our efforts on our behalf. Whether avoiding sin, doing good works, or just loving one another, we have this great weakness to show our Lord. The perfection of the Lord's strength must be a thing of wonder and beauty by now, for we have done our part each day. 

Great is the name of our Lord this day!

Bucky

No comments: