Thursday, April 08, 2021

Daily Cleansing Time Problems?

You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.  John 15:3-4

Are you spending much time each day getting yourself all cleaned up for the Lord? Jesus has a few words about the effort you are spending in this activity. It seems that His word is all we need to be clean, and abiding in Him is what our Lord desires of us. Sigh, me too. If I have not spent several hours in self-improvement each day seeking to deliver a perfect specimen to the Lord on the judgment day, then I feel the day has been wasted. And each day aging alone serves to deconstruct my efforts faster than I can even think of making them. I might as well just give up now. Which is the usual leap over the top of many other possible responses to our Lord's goodness. So, if you and I are already clean by the Lord's word and giving up is the answer at the extreme wrong end, what is it we are to do? Not a problem! God has kindly provided us with a whole library of instructions for living each and every day. It will not surprise one of us to learn that this is also His word, known to us as the Bible. You have heard many a minister of the Lord tell you to start each day in Bible study, and I'm no different. 

Great is the word of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Bucky

No comments: