Monday, January 27, 2020

Praise, On A Monday?

The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father's God, and I will exalt Him.
  - Exodus 15:2

Praise, on a Monday? Sometimes it seems that Monday should be a day of mourning after the weekend. This Monday certainly has its share of reasons to mourn for all of us. There are separations both among our brothers and sisters in Christ right here and losses of the well-known nationally that we mourn. And yet, I am blessed by the urge to praise the Lord on this Monday. Why should that be?

We mourn, but not as those who have no hope. While we mourn, we also recall that the Lord is our strength and song. As Moses said so many years ago, "He is my God, and I will praise Him." One good reason for this is the second line of our verse today - salvation. When the Lord became our salvation at Calvary we gained a hope that cannot be denied by death and the grave. 

Let us exalt our Lord! 

Bucky

No comments: