Friday, January 10, 2020

I Am Adam and David and Paul Too

Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.” Genesis 3:12

It was so quick! I sighted down the length of my outstretched arm to my pointing finger and found that I done an Adam by blaming something else for my sin. 

...because David did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, and had not turned aside from anything that He commanded him all the days of his life, except in the matter of Uriah the Hittite. 1 Kings 15:5

Except, that little word of condemnation for God's chosen one. That little exception is one of the worst stories of sin in the Bible, and yet I have no right to look down on David for I am no better. 

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Saul was one of the worst persecutors of the Lord's new church, and yet the Lord Jesus met this very man on a dusty road one day and turned his life to the light. We came to know the man as Paul through the Acts and his letters to the churches in the Roman world. In reading the Word of God, I realize that I am Adam and David and Paul too. All have sinned and all can receive the gift of God. Of myself I can be only the worst of sinners, but with Jesus I am forgiven and live in the grace He shares with all He saves. 

Praise God for the mercy and grace He showers on us new each morning!

Bucky

No comments: