Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Need Is Him

You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah
Psalm 32:7

We might like to live trouble free, but then how would any of us know our need for the Lord? Tribulation brings to some a chance to show their strengths. For me, I hope that it shows once again my weakness.

A strong man does not seek out a hiding place. A smart person outwits her tourbles...tourbles? I guess we know that I need not fear outwitting troubles with her. Even the relatively simple act of typing leaves me in need of the Lord. Those who are so talented, intelligent, strong, and so wealthy with energy and movement that they sing no songs of deliverance with the Lord cannot know their need for salvation. What a horrible situation to be in! 

One who is never sick sees no need for doctors. Those who know the tribulation of this world, we know well our need for the Lord Jesus. As we grow more in Him, we also see our sin more clearly and it hurts. It is the grace of Christ the Lord that saves me and you as we look to Him. 

Bucky

No comments: