Monday, January 08, 2018

Finding It In The Heart

"For You, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You." 2 Samuel 7:27

Prayer as a word does not occur until this verse in the King James version of the Bible. However, we know that prayer as in talking to God occurred many times before this. A big point is that the Lord is establishing the house of David, and just after Christmas we know why that house was important. What came to me though was David's statement of finding it in his heart to pray this prayer.

David probably did not do a treasure hunt sort of search through the fields of his heart and exclaim, "Well, lookee here at what I found!" We know from our own experience that what God places in our hearts to pray for may come at any time, even 3:00 am. Sometimes that early morning/dead of night call to prayer is the best time for the Lord to gain our attention during our busy lives. What surprises me are those times when I am called to pray for persons I don't even know. Of course God knows all and though I may not see an answer to prayers for someone far away, I trust in Him to respond in His goodness and love. We tend to seek out the big revelation like John received on the island of Patmos, but more often we are called to a prayer that is more our size.

Praise God for His provision of prayer to us.
Bucky

No comments: