Thursday, November 30, 2006

November 30, 2006

Good morning and I was only kidding when I said it was cold yesterday! Today it really is cold, -4º at my house. Mornings like this always bring the theory of global warming to mind.
Is it possible for us to disagree as Christians? Absolutely! We read in Acts where Paul and Barnabas disagreed on taking John Mark with them on a missionary journey. They could not resolve the disagreement and went their separate ways. As a result, two missionary journeys were made instead of one and the Word spread that much more quickly! We may disagree on many things as Christians and sometimes we may not be able to resolve the dispute at that time. Later Paul and John Mark were reconciled and Paul came to love John Mark very much. In the same way we can grow in love through disagreements, if we make sure to work on resolution and forgiveness. Letting disagreement breed bitterness through resentment will only make it worse. Forgiveness usually comes through taking a good look at the other person’s position and empathizing.
Do you ever disagree with something that I write? Probably you do or have, and that is wonderful. Just remember that I’m always right; once in a while I’m wrong, usually when I try to say that I’m “always” or “never” something or other, but don’t worry, that never happens. :-)

God bless you this day!

Bucky

No comments: