Saturday, September 30, 2006

September 30, 2006

Good Morning! We are about to see a warm Saturday out here on the high plains. Dr. Kennedy asks “When, at the end of your life on earth, you look back over your life, what do you hope to have accomplished or experienced?” to begin his devotional for today and formerly I thought about that quite a bit. Today however, I should hope that at the end of my earthly life, if Jesus does not return first that is, I will be looking heavenward to Jesus, just as I should be doing every day right now. Don’t worry there is no disagreement, you may read his devotional at http://www.coralridge.org/nem/NEMdevotional.asp The only looking back from that point at the end of our lives will be to see what Jesus has done in our lives; for without him we can accomplish little. The awards and accolades of this world may seem impressive to us now, but in the light of eternity they pale to nothing rather quickly. Like money, awards received on earth do not go with you. I will certainly remember my friends and loved ones with fondness. However accomplishments, if they do not point people of the world to Christ, will count for nothing with me. I will be leaving them behind, bound for a better place!

God bless you this weekend!

Bucky

No comments: