Thursday, August 04, 2022

Making My Best, Better

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.  John 14:12

In everything, my best could be better. But how can I do better than my best? It sounds a lot like that senseless giving 110% thing, as if the coach got a C- in his math class back in the day. Jesus is of course the answer to a lot of things in life, and this is no exception. My best in many things is pretty darn weak, either by a lack of knowledge or experience in the thing or both. My best in the things that I do have skills in is also weak from my Father's perfect perspective looking down from Heaven. However, He gave me (and you!) His Son...and some things to do in the way of missions and good works. 

It is from our Lord Jesus that I can do better than my best by way of His grace and strength. The missions may look utterly impossible for my means. That's a good thing, since if I could already accomplish the mission, then where would the glory be for God? The good works may seem a great burden at times. That too is a good thing as the strengthening of my Lord Jesus shines through in such moments. That is the work of my Lord Jesus in me, making my best, better!

It isn't a math conundrum, it's a good help solution! 

Bucky

No comments: