Wednesday, June 01, 2022

A Time Of Suffering

But recall the former days in which, after you were illuminated, you endured a great struggle with sufferings.  Hebrews 10:32

Sufferings, a great struggle, I don't have to ask whether you want another with this one. We all want the rich times, the peaceful times, struggle even sounds bad when we say it. This past week or so, I am gaining some wisdom in a time of struggle. Yesterday I tried to force the time to end by going to work, and it was not long before I was sent back home again. It seems that this struggle may be more protracted than I would like.  What I like in this verse is of course the order of things. These people were illuminated, made free of their former darkness, a time to rejoice a bit, but not before a great struggle with sufferings. And the suffering is plural too! After all, whoever said that the enemy would assault us with just one thing? It wasn't so for Job, and we too may endure a multi-pronged assault. In Christ though we have this: we will come out the other side of this time. 

Comfort and joy to your heart from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Bucky

No comments: