Thursday, October 21, 2021

Night Seasons

I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
​​My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. Psalm 16:7

My heart tells me things in the night seasons, but it may not be what David would call instruction. The prophet Jeremiah seems to hit closer to the mark when he writes of desperate wickedness and deceitfulness of the heart. (Jer. 17:9). Is this one of those conflicts in the Bible that make the atheists jump with glee?

The Bible speaks to me in two ways in regard to my heart. One is the condemnation of the Law in which it shows how my heart has been and still is in part while I walk this earth. The other portion is made of those words of my Lord that tell me how this heart is going to be when He is done working it over. This second part holds the promises of the Lord and His method of opening the way from Himself to me through Jesus the Christ. I'm not going to count verses to see which part is larger, but I know the one that is greater. I guess you might say that I know the One who is greater!

Rejoice in the greatness of Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: