Thursday, October 07, 2021

Guilty Am I

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.  2 Timothy 4:2 

Yes, the days are in the 80's this week, but guilty am I this morning: Christmas tunes on the stereo. "October?" some might ask, "Why are you so late this year?" This is not the first day of course, I claim in my defense, but a better defense might be a biblical one. And so, I searched for 'out of season' and there it was! Be ready in season and out of season, Paul states to his friend Timothy.  So, this letter is not to me? Yes and no. You or I may have our time of preaching the word, but when Brother Timothy was following Paul's letter, we would be listening to the word. Paul might write to us the congregation in this manner: 

Listen to the word! Be ready to hear the word in season or out of season. Be convinced of the truth of the word, accept its rebuke and learn from it, be encouraged in the word, and listen with patient endurance and learning. 

Have an encouraging experience in the Word!

Bucky

No comments: