Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Worthy of Death, Witness of Life

For all my father’s household was only people worthy of death to my lord the king; yet you placed your servant among those who ate at your own table. So what right do I still have, that I should complain anymore to the king?” 2 Samuel 19:28

The born again one who follows our Lord Jesus often feels much like this one of ancient times who followed David, King of Israel. We have no feeling of being worthy to live in Christ, and yet He has given to us a life unmerited. We have a growing awareness of this new life, and yet we also feel the urge to groan and complain from the old life. In fact, the old life comes to the forefront at times due to old injuries, old age, and old habits. Yup, didn't spring out of bed so quickly today as I once did in the days of youth - got an urge to gripe to the Lord. What? No gratitude for the new life? Easily do we play the Pharisee toward ourselves; and sometimes that is a good thing, while at other times we should not grumble to ourselves in the depths of our thinking but go ahead and bring that complaint out to the Lord in prayer. After all, when it comes to things such as old age, you ain't going to solve that on your own! I tried this morning, but I failed to turn it around and make myself 19 again. Nope, didn't work, felt 58 just as I should. Each of us can be a witness to the new life in Christ, but we are also still worthy of that old death and will suffer it in the proper time. (Except for that Rapture thing, but do we dare hope for that? Absolutely! But we still may not get to do it before we go to that first death.)

Rejoice with the King of kings, and when it is needful bring your gripes to Him. The Word of God says that He is quite the healer!

Bucky

No comments: