Saturday, May 02, 2020

Rainy Day On Saturday

Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. So when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of One speaking.  Ezekiel 1:28

Our trees are still goofing off for the winter for the most part, except for the one I had whacked that is. The sin of this particular tree that caused its execution? It leaned too far toward a street and playground. Something for us to remember when we want to lean over toward that sin, but maybe not actually touch the forbidden fruit. Yes, I cannot speak for you, but I have tried to lean and then plead a loophole in the law. Better to depend on Christ the Lord and grace than to make excuses toward a bunch of loopholes when the judgment comes, and of course, it is much better daily to lean toward Him! 

And as Ezekiel noted in his testimony, the coming of the Lord was like a rainbow appearing in a cloud on a rainy day. We don't usually expect to see a rainbow IN a cloud, but when the Lord comes in His glory, He promises it will be unexpected...and glorious! Let us not be found leaning the wrong way when the time comes. 

Now after two days of tough dry, windy, and hot days, wherein my sinus pain was, well, painful (brilliant comment there), we have a cool and rainy morning for my birthday. I might tell you how old I am after I take my morning nap-nap. 

Praise and glory to God our Father on this lovely day,

Bucky

No comments: