Friday, March 27, 2020

Trust In Him

As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the LORD is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him. 2 Samuel 22:31

How do I relate to the perfect God? For some the way is to seek perfection in themselves and all that they do or say. I'm not sure how that has gone for them; as for me I missed the mark of my own standard of perfection a long time ago and seem to be diverging further each day. Most of us have quite a bit of the physical in our standard of perfection, and aging leads us away from ever attaining our goals. Maybe we can approach God's perfection with intellect and knowledge? We are each but a moment away from an injury or taking the road to dementia. Even the balance of chemicals in the blood flowing through our brains can quickly end any hope of perfection there. Spiritual then? A lifetime of religious training and practice to achieve a state of sinless peace with myself in a shaded porch overlooking the mountains of Israel...would end for me when the slightest temptation wandered by if I did not trust in God. 

Not only do I need to hold up that shield of faith from Ephesians 6, but I also need God as my shield by placing my trust in Him. My relation to the perfect God is through His love as seen in His Son Jesus. My Lord Jesus is the very word of God given to us in the form of a man born in a manger in Bethlehem. That little child born of divine conception changed everything for me. 

The Pharisees of old roared out their religious perfection to Jesus like young lions, and He did not have much regard for them. When I bleated out my imperfection in the repentant voice of the lost little sheep, He had regard for me, and He came and saved me. Trust in Him.

Bucky

No comments: