Monday, February 18, 2019

A Well-earned Name

Please, let not my lord regard this scoundrel Nabal. For as his name is, so is he: Nabal is his name, and folly is with him! 1 Samuel 25:25

Winter has come at last. We may not see much above freezing for this week. February is doing its best to make up for our warm January in these parts. There are those days when I think that my name might be Nabal (literally: fool) and that folly is with me. However, there seems to be another one with me always and His name is Jesus. In a great many things there is a difference of opinion between my folly and my friend.

My friend has the right answer for all things, while my folly is confused on what is right or wrong. It is quite clear that without my friend Jesus, I would truly show off my folly more often than I would care to. Indeed looking back on my life I can see that in those times where I wandered far from my friend, my folly became quite the showman and paraded me around as a great prize in far too many circumstances. So it would seem that I can either be Folly's showpiece or a friend of Jesus. In place of a well-earned name like Nabal, I might rather be known as one of my Lord's friends.

Be friendly with Jesus our Lord today,

Bucky

No comments: