Thursday, August 23, 2018

Hear What The Spirit Says

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." Revelation 2:7

The midst of the Paradise of God sounds like a good place to go and stay forever. But, we have to do one thing which we are not very good at: listen to the Spirit. We go like that Yoda character, "My own counsel will I keep..." so often are we so smart in our own estimation. My own counsel has led me to some rough places where I was able to sample extensively from the consequences of my own failures. Could it be that God has a better way?

We so easily take the lesser way and the lower road, counting on difficult experience to teach us the right way to go. God is already righteous, would it not be much better to learn from Him? If we listen to His Spirit, would not the teaching be both better and easier? My own counsel has proven to be such a wicked servant, I'm thinking that learning to listen to the Spirit at all times is the ear to develop. How wise is that? The Lord gives me the ear to hear what the Spirit says to the churches, so I can claim no wisdom for my part. Seeing no wisdom of my own, I must ask for wisdom from God.

And thus do we start down the road to righteousness and wisdom and love and all the other fruit of the Spirit by realizing that we have none in ourselves and learn or get them only from the Spirit of God. Great is the name of Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: