Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What Is Good For This Life?

For who knows what is good for man in life, all the days of his vain life which he passes like a shadow? Who can tell a man what will happen after him under the sun? Ecclesiastes 6:12

Have you looked at your monitor to discover that a cough or perhaps a sneeze got by your cleaning vigilance and now, ew, the white background shows the funk? I hope you are not eating breakfast while reading this! I would like to present myself before God like that white screen: clean, perfect, showing not the smallest sign of the former funk of the world. My vigilance is suspect, however, tainted by quite large signs of self-interest. I want to see myself as good, but the Law shows a different picture. Without a cleansing by One who has no stain of sin to transfer to my 'screen', I am going to discover a bit of a mess where I hoped all would be clean and white.

Solomon, who was given all that we think good for us in life including wisdom, riches, authority as king, power, and talent, wondered who can know what is good for man in life. The wisdom granted the king by God is what caused him to ask the question. Where it leads those who will believe in our Lord Jesus is to, well, Jesus our Lord! Who can know what happens after? He does, for He died for our sins and lived again. Who can know what is good for man in life? He does, for He came down into a manger in Bethlehem and lived the life of a man. His life was one that was not spent in vain. His life was given for us, to save us and to cleanse us from the stain of our sin.

The good questions in life lead us to Him; the good answers are Him! Praise Jesus our Lord and Savior!

Bucky

No comments: