Monday, April 23, 2018

A Rotten Imagination

Then the LORD said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done. Genesis 8:21

As the Lord promised in His heart to not destroy all life from the Earth again, man was tinkering around with a rotten imagination. Yes, I too have lived for brief periods in my rotten imagination. Some might call it daydreaming, but from my youth just as the Word states I have gone often to my imagination for entertainment, wishful thinking, and to churn over some emotions for a spell. And I can read in this verse that I'm not the only one who has done and does this. Some of you may not seem very imaginative to me, but this verse has told you out! Sorry, the Bible does not let the hidden things lie covered from those who will read and study its words of wisdom.

Alas, now that my rotten imagination has been exposed for the sinful thing that it is, I shall now write everything that comes to mind and share the burden with you. No, no, no! The Spirit calls for some much needed censoring even as He works within me to change that imagination to something better suited to the service of the Lord. Is it any wonder the dear Spirit of our Lord Jesus begins His work in such a dark place? Out of the heart, our Lord said way back in the day, comes all the rotten stuff that gets us into so much trouble with Him and the Law. Thank the Lord that His Son, who first paid the price demanded by the Law for this rotten imagination of mine, is the One who will faithfully cleanse me from all unrighteousness!

It's a great day in the Lord!
Bucky

No comments: