Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Great Chapter

Wheehew! It's not wasting any time getting to the hot part of today. Praise God it is good for the wheat harvest though. I love chapter 14 of John in God's word, and I looked forward to the teaching of it in this morning's Bible study. We are privileged to learn from God through His Word! Now, what did we learn this morning? Hmm, so many quotable verses in this one that I have trouble finding just one. Of course, the entire Word of God is that way. The treasures of the Word are multitude from "In the beginning..." to "Amen, come Lord Jesus!" We learn of life and the living of it. We learn of salvation and our great hope in Christ. All the Word is full of God's love and His enduring sacrifice on our behalf.

I suppose the 27th verse is my choice for today. We need the peace that Jesus gives in this world of today. Not that Peter, John, and the gang needed it any less that we do, they certainly needed His peace too in the time of Roman occupation and sin domination. Like us, they awaited the return of Jesus when all seemed dark and surely ready for the Lord's re-arrival. The peace of Christ gives us the strength to endure when the Lord's second coming seems at times far away and at other times perfectly imminent. As Jesus told the disciples then and us now, let not your heart be troubled!

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

Bucky

No comments: