Friday, October 12, 2012

A Clear Communication

Good morning as we wind down the working week for most of us. Friday is a good day as the five days of work or school come to the weekend and we have some time to enjoy. During this past week, did you run into a problem that you needed someone to help with and could not find that person? It may be that you are blessed to have a boss that you truly enjoy having around and who enables your work as opposed to forcing it, but he or she was out this week and something you needed to know went unanswered. These days we have many lines of communication that are on way too often, but still there are times that we must be out of reach from each other. We strive to make a line of communication that is permanent, wide-open, reliable, free of errors, and just maybe with a program that edits those moments of thoughtlessness and brainlessness out of our hasty words. Perhaps a cell phone implanted in our ear that has a quick review program to ask, 'Are you sure you want to say that?'

Part of our reluctance to pray more comes from this lack of an editing program. Oh, I can't believe I said that to God! So we try to hide our innermost thoughts from God who knows all of our innermost thoughts in the first place. In prayer, we have that permanent, wide-open, and reliable form of communication with God. However, we try to hide errors and desperately hope at times that God didn't hear that last bit we probably shouldn't have spoken in our mind. The time has come for us to remember that one, we do have an advocate in Christ, and two, we live under grace. God knows all things, but I think one way I can disappoint Him is to not come in prayer and pour out my heart to my Lord. God knows my needs, but He wants to hear my requests in prayer. God knows my weakness, but He wants me to make a request of His strength. God knows my desires, my foolish wishes, my silly ideas, but He wants to hear all of them in prayer. If it's bad for me, God will say no. Something good for me, God may say, 'not yet'. The worst thing of course is to try to go it alone, quite failing to use our clear line of communication to God. I oughtta know better than that!

Have a wonderful weekend, and take some time to pour out your heart to God in prayer,
Bucky

No comments: