Wednesday, February 03, 2010

No Pity Party - February 3, 2010

Good Wednesday morning! I dined alone again yesterday; just me, a one-person prayer group; all alone in the world; no friends; no one to talk to... boo hoo hoo.

We know that's hardly the case! Jesus is with us everywhere we go; a steadfast friend at all times, a rock in the tempest, and the foundation of all that is to come in the New Earth. Dining on ashes at a pity party, feeling sorry for yourself, moaning about the circumstance we find ourselves in - these are not the way of Jesus. Some of the worst times in my life were made much worse by wasting time feeling sorry for myself, instead of looking to Jesus where my eyes belonged.

Yesterday I did know from e-mails that I would probably be the only one there. Burt was out of town, Steve chained to a desk, and Ric had snuck out once more to ride trains; leaving me to carry the banner for our group and make sure that our favorite server, Candis, didn't miss us for this week. Mission accomplished and I enjoyed a good breakfast too.

So anyway, what was I writing about today... oh, yeah, not feeling sorry for ourselves. In the trials of this life, as we struggle at times to follow Christ, we often forget to keep our eyes on Jesus, who is, of course, the One we belong to. The one leading us through the trials we face is Jesus, and He will never leave us behind or forget our weakness. Would you forget someone you valued enough to die for? Of course not, and neither will our Lord. Point to your heart and say, "I have no fear, Jesus is here!" Yes, I too have to remind myself of that a lot. We have a tendency to look at the circumstances and the world around us. We see the forces arrayed against us and the evil of the times and forget to look at our Lord. The one who saves is the one who stands, firm, unconquered and unconquerable, the Almighty One!

Have a strong, faith-filled day in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: