Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Groundhog Day 2010

Good Tuesday morning! Every morning one of the two cats is very enthusiastic about breakfast; the other gets up more like I do - slowly. Like most everyone, I like for my pets to show enthusiasm at breakfast time. A little gratitude for my efforts makes the process fun for both of us. I was thinking that I need to dance around a little more when I am grateful for something that God has provided. David danced in front of the ark as it was moved to Jerusalem; I need to dance in front of my blessings as God moves me toward my home. Perhaps we cannot literally dance, the world might lock us up if we dance in front of our shopping cart in the checkout lane, but we need to show a little gratitude to our heavenly Father. I am not the most graceful of human beings; dancing in some cases would be dangerous to my self and others, but there is certainly time to show more gratitude for all that God has provided to me. For all the things that I ask for, God certainly deserves all my gratitude.

All of us have so much from our heavenly Father and His Son. We have material things, but more importantly we have our salvation, the gift of grace. We have opportunity to witness and to grow in Christ. We have joy and His everlasting peace. We have an undeserved love that rises above all the sins in our lives. We have each other. We have friends and spouses, children and houses, and all the good things in this life. How 'bout showing a little gratitude today?

Praise God for the new day! I have a sneaking suspicion that little rodent out east is going to predict six more weeks of winter - hang on to your hats!

Bucky

No comments: