Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After - December 26, 2009

Good Saturday morning! It's the day after Christmas... waaaah! Why does the day after Christmas always seem like something great has passed? Well, it has, but that doesn't mean that Jesus came last night and left us behind. Stoke up the fires of that eager anticipation for that great day of the Lord!

How did you spend your Christmas? I had to call in sick. Are you kidding me? Sick at Christmas? Yes, and I had to call in to the same fellow I used to call in sick at work to. Believe it or don't, I had planned to have Christmas dinner out at Gary's farm and then go to Burt's place for the evening. Alas, my plans were not in line with what God knew was coming and I stayed home to get over the flu bug. It seems like I had the flu on another Christmas back in the day. Does that make me dread Christmas? No way, I still love Christmas and I will not renounce it for a little bug or two! Praise the Lord for Christmas!

Want a black cat for next Halloween? I have one with a bit of a sneer. One of his fangs is growing longer than the other for no apparent reason; it gives him a sort of single-sided sabertooth sneer. Hee, hee, tell me you didn't see that one coming. :-) I am feeling better, even with the level of Kleenexes growing in the trash cans around here. The snow is still howling by the windows outside. We didn't get much, but all of it has been blowing by at about mach 2 for the last 36 hours or so. Looks cold out too!

Some folks may look outside and decide that a gift exchange isn't worth it this morning. I wouldn't blame them; the blowing snow makes for a good day to stay inside and enjoy the comforts of home and family. Much of the country had a white Christmas this year, and a few even complained about it. Travel may have been difficult, even dangerous, for many, but staying at home for Christmas is not so bad. With Christmas on a Friday this year, we have the whole weekend too!

Enjoy the weekend in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: