Thursday, July 23, 2026

Serving Forgiveness

And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses. Mark 11:25-26

Yow, hold onto that grudge at my peril! This is one of those promises that puts some fear into me. I know that my sins need to be forgiven, and that Jesus died on the cross to pay that judgment the Lord's justice demands. But, here Jesus speaks a promise that no forgiveness from me to others means no forgiveness for me from God. This passage of the scripture is a good reminder for those times when I might feel grumbly-hateful toward someone who I have something against. That lengthy session of imagined thumping of the rascal that I may indulge in carries a real danger for my much needed mercy and grace from God. Better to pray for the strength to forgive quickly and repeatedly than to hold onto that grudge a moment longer.

Quick! To the forgiveness locker, I have some to hand out, even some repeat customers to serve!

Love and grace to you in Christ our Lord,

Bucky

No comments: