Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Well Guided

I will lead the blind by a way they do not know,
In paths they do not know I will guide them.
I will make darkness into light before them
And rugged places into plains.
These are the things I will do,
And I will not forsake them.”
  -- Isaiah 42:16

Those living in darkness saw a great light, and the light did not leave them to stand there blinking in surprised awe. As words and actions are parts of our faith, we need guidance before we stumble headlong in this unaccustomed brightness of the new life in Christ. A torrent of words may break the wall of discretion without the guidance of the Lord's Spirit. Perhaps not every secret sin of the former life needs to be confessed to the congregation. The newly won sword of the Word of God can cut in any direction; some training in its use by discipleship will prevent collateral damage. In all ways the Lord's Spirit guides us well in this new life in Christ. 

Christian by rebirth: I'm not pretty or perfect, but the Lord Jesus said I'll do!

Bucky

No comments: