Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Stumbling With Determination?

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us. Hebrews 12:1

At my age and condition 'run with endurance' seems rather a strong term for my performance in this race. I wonder if the marshal of the race will take someone stumbling with determination? If the race they mention in Hebrews has only one winner, then I lost a long ways back. If there is a rule in this race that all must finish head up, legs pumping, and a smile on the face, then I'm not going to pass the finish line in quite the way they hope. Of course, all of that comes when I look at my strength and endurance. If it were only up to any and each of us, we would all have lost before this particular race began. When it comes to salvation, none of us have what it takes to be allowed to start this race. However, saved by the blood of the Lamb, we started the race and then found that we were not alone. In the strength of Christ Jesus and in the love and support of one another, we will run with endurance the race set before us.

Heads up, take another step together and with our Lord! The smile comes at the end.

Bucky

No comments: