Thursday, February 16, 2023

Lawful (to do!) Good

Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. Matthew 12:12

Back in ancient times when I tried to play a particular role-playing game, I always wanted my characters to be lawful good. Later deeds would prove that I had a rather higher opinion of my moral and ethical performance than was the case. In fact, if I were a character in the game during that period of my young adult life, the dungeonmaster would have drawn me aside to advise me to change my alignment or start suffering damage. After I returned to the fold of our Lord Jesus a few years down the road, I with my brothers and sisters in Christ began to see the importance of two little words in there - to do. Those words have become as lovely as lawful and good to us. For we are not players in a game, but disciples of our Lord who desire to do good. And yes, praise our Lord Jesus, it is lawful for us to do good even on the Sabbath.

Thank You, dear Lord, for Your guiding hand this day,

Bucky

No comments: