Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Enough Of The Past!

For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 1 Peter 4:3

A message takes me back to ancient times, at least ancient in my little life on this Earth, and the time comes to pull back from reminiscing and take up the mantle of the present. As for Brother Peter's list: yes, there was some of that in my past and it is at times difficult to not dwell on it. In the present such things still tempt and beckon to me, and it requires an effort to stay with my Lord Jesus in the present. Whether past or present though, all sin is remitted by the sacrifice of Jesus. That sin is atoned, paid for, no longer on the books, or the more literal definition of remittance - sent back. Do I deserve such grace? Not by my works to be sure, but there was this man who loved in that perfect definition He gave of the greatest love (John 15:13). Jesus gave His life to save me and all who will believe from our sins.

Let us believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Bucky

No comments: