Friday, May 06, 2022

With Speed

He will lift up a banner to the nations from afar,
And will whistle to them from the end of the earth;
Surely they shall come with speed, swiftly. Isaiah 5:26

Sometimes we find a verse that supports our point of view. And at other times, such as this day for me, we find a verse that just ain't happening in the moment. If the Lord whistles this morning, He will need to provide the locomotion because my speed is slow even by my standards. And if I don't seem to fit this verse, the next one is even further afield from my tent of slowness. It is on these slow and stumbling days that I am glad the Lord did not seek out a team of athletic all-stars to populate His kingdom! But wait, is not that one over there who believes the state record holder in several sports? Of course! The athlete is not excluded and neither is the award-winning actor. However, when I look at the Lord's church all around the world, it does not seem to be that strength, wealth, fame, or for my sake this day, speed, are the determining factors in the Lord's sheep selection, just faith. And we can have slow faith or fast faith today. 

Slow today, but when the Lord whistles - moving with sure speed!

Love to you, 

 Bucky

No comments: