Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Closer Than

Now it is true that I am a close relative; however, there is a relative closer than I. Ruth 3:12

Which relative is closer? We can never be closer to one another than the one who comes to dwell within us. Family was important in Ruth's day, but Jesus gave to us His Spirit. A natural question from the unbelieving world may well be, "So, what does that feel like?" Tough question! What does my soul feel like to begin with? If I knew that, then I might be able to describe whether God's Spirit in me adds, um, spiritual weight? I don't even know the terms that might define such an indwelling. Is it a scalar quantity such as speed? Did the Spirit slow me down spiritually? Or did the addition go the other way? I can tell you that I sense, yes spiritually, a certain amusement as I fumble about with questions such as these. Praise God for His gift of the Spirit!

Love and gratitude to God and to you!

Bucky

No comments: