Thursday, November 07, 2019

Rough Reminder Alley

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

This is one of those oft repeated proverbs that seem to elude me at times. It is in those times when I think that I'm pretty smart or knowledgeable about a thing that I go down Reminder Alley to a meeting with this passage of scripture. Of course, Reminder Alley is one of those streets we go down that has frustrating delays, needless expenses, and self criticism along the way. Reminder Alley is just off of Experience Avenue, and while it does teach us something, the Way of our Lord is much the smoother path. 

The usual indication that I am off on another trip down Reminder Alley is that this scripture comes to mind. As in the reminder from that still small voice that I did what the second line said not to do and suffered the consequences. Praise God that at those times when I am once more standing stupidly in the snare and ready to acknowledge the error of my ways, the Lord has this promise:

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.  Psalm 91:3

Praise God for His Way,
Bucky

No comments: