Friday, April 26, 2019

Return

“Thus says the LORD:

‘I will return to Zion,
And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth,
The Mountain of the LORD of hosts,
The Holy Mountain.' Zechariah 8:3

We have all turned from the Lord and are invited in the holy scriptures to return to Him. However, the greatest promises in the Bible speak of His returning to us. This is a play on words of course and a very light touching of the enormous things our Lord Jesus did for us that we might ever return to Him and He to us. That great gulf that came between God and His creation was made by that first couple turning away from the Lord in disobedience, and it took the life of God's own Son to restore us to our Creator. A few words in a Friday morning email can hardly convey all that Christ has done for us in this!

Returning is on my mind this morning as having my Internet connection back here at home feels something like having been away on a business trip or something. It is a feeling at odds with the reality of it. But that is what we are in this world, we are at odds with the world around us and not in the place God wants for us to be, which is with Him for all time. There! Now I've made things clear as stone. I may not understand what I have typed, but I do know that I want to visit Jerusalem when it is called "The City of Truth", for that must be when my Lord Jesus, the Truth, has come to live there.

Have a great Friday in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: