Friday, April 05, 2019

God's Testimony

And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you. Exodus 25:16

As a photographer, if I can be physically present and see something, then I am allowed record the image in my camera. This could be described as my testimony; I was there and this is what I saw. Much of the Bible could be described in this way as well. What about that prophecy stuff though? Who was there and saw it, as it has not yet happened? All prophecy, including those parts that were prophetic then but have now been set in our past, is God's testimony. And as we can read in our verse for today, His testimony is kept safely in the Ark of the Covenant!

If you are feeling the gates of symbolism opening before you, well yeah! The Hebrews literally placed the Testimony in the Ark, but there is also God's Word, His Testimony, placed securely in the heart of all who have believed and His name is Jesus, the Word of God. We are the ark of His new covenant and His testimony lives in us!

His testimony comes forth!

Bucky

No comments: