Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Gone To The Father

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. John 14:28

When we read the scriptures of the life of Jesus our Lord and read that His Father is greater, we must stand back with a bit of awe. His authority over the Sea of Galilee, the healing of so many, and the raising of Lazarus from the dead, all come from the greatness of God as He worked through His Son. Could Jesus have disobeyed His Father then, with the Father being God and all? Yes, I suppose He could have, but He never did. To worry over what He could have or might have done but didn't is a waste of time and energy. Jesus could go to the Father because He never disobeyed Him. Of course one of the reasons we can rejoice in Jesus going to the Father is that He has gone to plead the case of the disobedient ones; some of them being you and me.

Like the disciples we have trouble even rejoicing at the right time. Instead of jumping about with joy over Jesus being with the Father, we are wondering when He is coming back. Maybe we can start with praising God that He is coming back and learn to rejoice better from there.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Bucky

No comments: