Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Lord My Strength

The LORD is my strength and song,
​​And He has become my salvation;
​​He is my God, and I will praise Him;
​​My father’s God, and I will exalt Him. Exodus 15:2

We look to a great many things of this earth to save us as a race. Religions, governments, and knowledge have all spent time on the Idol Throne. Moses sang that the Lord is his strength and song, and he sang this more than a thousand years before Christ was born. Moses also sang that the Lord has become his salvation. This acknowledges that the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, but it is also prophetic in that as Christ was born the Lord our God began the relatively short lifetime of His Son in Bethlehem of Judea that would culminate in those actions that would save us from our sins. The Lord Jesus became our salvation.

Therefore this Christmas season, I will proclaim the Lord my strength.

Wait, does that mean that I will proclaim my strength to the Lord? Ha, ha, only if the Almighty needs a good laugh. He knows my weakness. As Moses, David, and many other heroes of the faith have written down through the ages in order to teach us, the Lord is my strength by way of my complete dependency on Him.

Thank You, dear Lord, for Your gift of salvation and strength this Christmas,

Bucky

No comments: