Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A Verse For Myself

As for the man whose hair has fallen from his head, he is bald, but he is clean. Leviticus 13:40

Not all of my hair has fallen out, therefore I must not be all the way clean yet. It is easy with our search apps of today to find a verse to my benefit in the Bible. If I don't like what comes up with one search, I can try another word or phrase until I find just the right verse for me. However, God is not simple or easily fooled like I am. Verses come along in the Bible that I must decide on. That one about everyone sinning and falling short of God's standard, I can search but there is no exception for me there. That bit about how one must be born again, or that Jesus is the only way to God the Father, or many others I will come to fail to provide me with exceptions for myself.

How about those verses about marriage? I am not married and have not been married, so I can ignore all of those, right? Not so fast Single-Slider! One day, for my hope is in Jesus Christ, I will participate as a small part of the Bride of Christ in that wedding of the Lamb. What better time than right now to practice those things the Bride needs like submission, love, understanding, and all the other fruits of the Spirit our Lord has planted in me? Submission is a tough one too, eh? The flesh rises up right quick when submission is mentioned.

All of the Bible is to my benefit as the word from God Himself. However, the flesh and the new spirit of Christ in me argue constantly about what is beneficial. That old guy just wants to do what he thinks is delicious and tasty in the moment, while the new spirit at the urging of God's dear Holy Spirit wants to learn things like submission to God's word. Praise God that old man of the flesh will be left behind one day to return to the dust. Did you ever see the great promise of our Lord Jesus in that light? The time will come when two men will be working in a field, one will be taken and the other left. The new and reborn man of the spirit will not miss that old man of the flesh as he is left behind; I'll be looking at my Lord and Savior in the clouds of His glory!

Praise God for the day!
Bucky

No comments: