Friday, March 23, 2012

To Your Life

Good Friday morning! Waiting for direction is not what I want to do. I want to go. I want to praise and glorify God with my deeds of drastic dedication. I want to somehow impress God with how good and wonderful I am. Look at me, God, look what I can do for your kingdom! Do we see a problem here? If one of the titles of God is Wonderful, how can I possibly be wonderful given my condition? If Jesus said that only God is good, how can I be good? What can I do for God's kingdom that He could not do better? Waiting on the Lord is one of the toughest things to learn, but there may be more than one purpose for it. Perhaps in waiting I learn who God is, and learn it better than I know right now. In waiting, I find in my struggles more of the peace that God has given me. Eh? Peace in struggles? Yes, as I learn that struggling and fretting against the waiting period given to me by God does not accomplish anything good, I learn to listen for God's peace and comfort. I learn to wait in faith. The easy way to go? Certainly not. The easy way is to watch the darkness growing in this world and fill my life with depression.

If you need an extra dose of bad news for your depression tank, turn on any news media this morning. Someone, somewhere is sure to have some depressing news for you to indulge in. We do need to be careful what we read and watch. If you or I seem a bit down this week, we may want to check into God's word for a while and let the world depress itself while we pray and listen with God. Take some quiet time this weekend. Skip one of your favorite sports events and tackle God in a one on one session for some real uplifting worry-free time. Spend an hour of your precious weekend in thanking God for everything you can think of, good or bad. No fair doing it during the sermon on Sunday either. Give God an hour that you treasure, like that final hour of the big game you looked forward to all week. See what happens in your life when you place God first. In your life? Ha, ha, see what happens TO your life when you place God first!

Have a wonderful weekend with the God of wonders!
Bucky

No comments: